Whether you buy a home with a private swimming pool or choose to have one added to your property, one of the best ways to protect your investment is to add a Myrtle Beach pool enclosure to your home. Because each home has a unique look and style, the pool closure you choose should match the feel of your family’s home. The enclosure must be structurally sound and the contractor you choose should be licensed and produce quality work.
What Is A Pool Enclosure?
A pool enclosure – much like it sounds – is a structure that surrounds your pool. From simple to the most deluxe, these covers protect your pool and allow you to clean less and enjoy your swimming pool for the majority of the year.
From a simple enclosure that acts as a cover for your pool to a more complex enclosure that turns your outdoor swimming pool into an indoor amenity. The pool enclosures can be made from a number of materials – glass, screens, fiberglass – and are designed to meet your needs and your budget.
Why Use A Pool Enclosure?
As you weight the investment of a pool enclosure against the benefits, it’s important to remember some of the main reasons home owners choose to build a pool enclosure.
- Protection: Pool owners know that you can never be too safe when it comes to the pool area. From yard waste to neighborhood children, you need to know when anything has access to your swimming pool. Building a pool enclosure adds an extra security layer between your pool and the outside environment (or neighbors).
- Privacy: Having a pool in your backyard doesn’t mean you have to share the view. A pool enclosure helps add privacy to your property.
- Extend swim season: Some pool enclosures are designed to retain the heat, allow you to enjoy your pool longer throughout the year.
- Less cleaning: From bugs to tree limbs, pool enclosures protect your pool from floating debris. Spend more time relaxing by your pool and less time scooping out leaves.
Types Of Pool Enclosure
Depending on your needs and budget, there are a number of pool enclosure options. From a screen room to retractable enclosures, the pool covers can be as basic or deluxe as you desire.
- Screen: Screen pool enclosures offer security from wandering pets and children. The addition of an audible alarm gives an added layer of safety.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate sliding track-system enclosures come in a variety of styles. Choose from low to the ground, medium height, and full height systems. There are also hurricane resistant, immovable systems available.
- Panoramic: If you want the protection of a pool enclosure but don’t want to lose the beautiful view of your backyard, a panoramic pool enclosure if your best option. A section or entire wall of the enclosure can open to allow you to take in the view while still being under a weather resistant enclosure.
- Stucco: A pool enclosure made of stucco offers a decorative finish and comes in a variety of colors – making it even easier to match the style of the enclosure to your home.
- Retractable: A retractable pool enclosure comes in low and medium height options that are easy for nearly anyone to slide in our out of position on precision tracks. Large motorized options are also available.
The Carolina Home Exteriors team can also add LED lighting options to your pool enclosure for a beautiful night time view and added security.
Schedule your free in-home Myrtle Beach pool enclosure consultation today!