PGT Eze-Breeze Vinyl are a great way to control the airflow in your outdoor living space.
But how do you clean them?
You don’t need any special equipment or chemicals for this job. But you do need to be careful about how you’re cleaning them and what you’re using to clean!
Vinyl is a strong, resilient material specially formulated to resist deterioration from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. With proper care and cleaning, Eze-Breeze sliding panels will give you years of trouble-free service and will prevent them from drying out or becoming brittle.
Pro Tip: Extend the Life of Your Eze-Breeze Vinyl
For best results, we recommend a final cleaning with a moderate amount of PGT Vinyl Cleaner available in our showroom for purchase. It will prolong the life of your Eze-Breeze Sliding Panels and reduce static electric charges that attract dust.
Clean your Eze-Breeze sliding panels at least twice a year!
Remove rings, bracelets, watches or other objects that can puncture or cut the vinyl before cleaning.
- Do not use alcohol or ammonia based products, dishwashing detergents’ soaps, products that contain abrasives, or other chemicals.
- Do not lubricate the main frame backs or other components.
- Use of cleaning products and methods other than those specified below will damage the vinyl and void the warranty.
- Allow panels to cool before washing.
- Thoroughly vacuum all areas of window frame using the soft brush attachment, and hose off the exterior of the panels to remove loose dirt, dust or other debris.
- If needed, the main frame backs and other metal parts can be wiped clean with a soft cloth and clean water.
- With the vents in the closed position, raise the bottom panel approximately 1″, release the thumb latches, and tilt the panel in.
- Rest tilted panel on a chair or other support.
- Lower the remaining three panels to the bottom of the unit, raise the second panel approximately 1″, and tilt it in to rest on the bottom panel.
- Starting with the top panel that is facing up, use a soft, lint-free cloth and rinse It with clean water.
- Apply a cleaning solution of Wooflite® or Murphy Oil Soap® and warm water (one cap-full to one gallon water).
- Be sure the panel is dry and free of spots. Then tilt the panel back Into position and repeal the cleaning method on the opposite side.
- Repeat the process for the remaining panels, returning each to their normal position when clean.
How to Remove Your Eze-Breeze Panels
- Start with bottom (innermost) panel.
- Raise the bottom panel approximately 1″, release the thumb latches and tilt the panel in.
- Lift one side of the panel to remove the pin at bottom of panel from the back.
- Carefully remove panel, mark the panel number, and sat aside. Repeat for remaining panels.
Note: Marking each panel will help you replace them In the proper order later.
- To replace, reverse procedure.
It’s also recommended to remove the panels and clean the screens. This process will help in keeping the vinyl clean.