For the ultimate luxury in outdoor living design, retractable motorized screens can upgrade your screen room or convert your patio cover into a screen room. On a day that offers only fresh air, gentle breezes, and unobstructed views, a push of a button on a wireless remote will have all or some of your screens carefully rolled up into an enclosure mounted on the wall.
Helpful Resources for Screen Rooms
- Screen Rooms vs. Sunrooms: Choosing the Best Outdoor Space for Your Home
- Your Screen Room Roof Style Options
- 5 Ways A Screen Room Makes Your Home Better
- Prepare For Summer Now With A Screen Room
What is a Retractable Motorized Screen?
Retractable motorized screens allow you to choose between minimizing the breeze or enjoying the open air with ease. Every day is different, especially along the Grand Strand. Our weather can go from sunny and clear one day to humid and buggy the next.
Don’t let the weather prevent you from enjoying your outdoor space. You’re in control!
Benefits of Retractable Motorized Screens
- Quickly switch from open-air to protect from elements
- Create shade on a sunny day
- Adds a layer of privacy
- Acts as a bug or pest barrier
The Zip Tex and Storm Tex motorized screens from Alutech include an Obstacle Detection System (ODS) that automatically retracts the screen when an object is in its path, just like your garage door! This feature keeps your pets, kids, and patio furniture safe!
Custom Screen Options
When you upgrade your space with a roll-down screen, you can choose the design that’s the best fit for your home. You get to choose your:
- Screen Color: White, Black-Tan, or Black
- Frame Color: White, Cream, Beige, or Black
- Screen Size/Span: Anywhere from 3 ft to 20 ft wide
- Housing Unit Placement: Interior or Exterior
Add Hurricane Protection with Storm Tex Screens
Add a layer of protection against hurricanes with Storm Tex from Alutech. Designed from the same material as ballistic vests, the Storm Tex brand of screens provides a high level of impact, weatherproofing, and doubles as an attractive retractable screen.
The zipper system secures the screen into its frame, keeping your patio safe during a storm.
Features of Storm Tex Screens
- Roll down screens made from the same material as ballistic vests – “A house-sized ballistic vest”
- Ideal for areas of your home that conventional hurricane shutters can’t protect
- Option for motorized or manual
- Zipper system in framing locks the fabric into place
- Heavy-bottom hem bar with brush secures the screen to the floor